Our Retail Shop Key Holder is responsible for providing excellent customer service in our Holtz Leather retail shop. It is their role to make customers feel welcome, identify customer needs, present and answer questions about our products, and tell our brand story. They will also be responsible for opening and closing the store as scheduled. This includes counting the register, maintaining daily logs, inputting inventory, and preparing or closing the store.
We have 2 retail stores in Huntsville and Madison. We handcraft the fine leather goods we sell right here in Huntsville. We are a small family-owned business that believes each team member contributes to the success of the company. Our commitment to quality is lived out by each and every member of the Holtz Leather team.
- Greeting customers and providing excellent customer service
- Customers should be greeted immediately upon entering our shop.
- Our Retail Team is responsible for putting a friendly face to our business. They are to start a conversation with customers to learn about them and what they are looking for. The job is more than just being available to answer questions and ring people up. Our Retail Team Members build relationships with customers, share our company values and offer a personal shopping experience.
- Our Retail Team should go above and beyond for our customers, learn returning customer’s names, and give each customer personal attention. If the shop is busy, it is important to greet each entering customer even though you may be helping another guest. Pause to acknowledge the new customer briefly and then return to helping the current customer.
- Our Retail Team is responsible for knowing product information as well as the business' history and values.
- Our Retail Team should inform customers of discounts, promotions or events.
- Growing shop sales
- Our Retail Team is not directly evaluated or compensated on the basis on sales volume, but it should be every Retail staff members goal to increase sales volume.
- Our Retail Team should cross-sell complementary products to ones they are interested in.
- Our Retail Team should offer discounts to incentivize purchases (10% is always allowed if no other promotion is running)
- Our Retail Team is responsible for learning our products and how much they cost.
- Ringing customers up using our Square register system, taking payment, and providing proper change.
- Our Retail Team will be responsible for debossing correct personalization on customer items.
- Displays, cleaning, and promotional materials
- Trash should be taken out regularly. It should never be allowed to stack up, overflow and bags should not be left in the back of the store.
- The back area in the shop should stay organized and clean. Everything should have an intentional place. They should pay special attention to the customers line of sight into the back area, making sure that cleaning supplies, boxes and other items are not piled up.
- Display items should be reset after every customer leaves. All display pieces should be presented nicely with all accessories (pencils, journals inserts, money clips, etc).
- Our Retail Team is not allowed to move display pieces or furnishing without approval from the Retail Manager
- Leading candle bar experiences for customers to make their own candles
- Providing customer feedback to the Retail Manager
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services offered by Holtz Leather and Holtz owned brands
- Opening and closing the retail store including doing cash drops and counting down the register.
We have a Team Trainer who will work closely with you until you are confident in your role. We have a detailed training program for how to deboss and lead our candle bar experience so no prior candle making experience is needed.
Expected Hours of Work:
This position requires at least 4 days a week (32 hours). Schedules are made a month in advance and are pretty consistent week after week.
Our Huntsville store is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Our Madison store is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00am to 5:00pm. You may be scheduled at either location depending on need.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays after 90 days
- Paid vacation after 1 year
- Generous employee discounts
- We do not work on Sundays and nights are very limited, only when we have special events would you be asked to work an evening.