This beautiful messenger bag was named in honor of the great American messaging system “The Pony Express." The Pony Express was founded in “1860” and was a triumph in message delivery. With 186 stations about 10 miles apart, the Atlantic to Pacific route could be completed in about 10 days.
At each station, the express rider would change to a fresh horse, taking only the mailbag with him. They often said that, if it came to be, the horse and rider should perish before the mailbag did.
This is truly a “ONE OF A KIND” messenger bag, quickly converting from a traditional carry to a backpack carry. It is made of Full Grain American leather in our Huntsville, Alabama shop. It measures 17 x 4.25 x 12.5, affording plenty of room for all your essentials. I personally carry 2 laptops, large leather journal, power cords, pens, and various other must-haves. Solid Brass Hardware.
Fun Fact: An ad for Pony Express employment read, “Wanted: Young, skinny, wiry fellows not over eighteen. Must be expert riders, willing to risk death daily. Orphans preferred”
Crossbody strap measures 46" - 55"
Backpack strap measures 27" - 29"
Available in Brown or Black
- Material: Full Grain American Leather
- Bag Dimensions: 17" x 4.25" x 12.5" (can fit laptops, notebooks, power cords, and other essentials)
- Strap Lengths: Crossbody strap 46"-55", backpack strap 27"-29"
- Messenger style (transition from traditional carry to backpack carry)
- Solid brass hardware
- Available in brown or black leather
- 100% Made in the USA