We are seeking a friendly and customer-oriented retail associate to join our team. The Primary responsibilities of this role will be to greet customers, assist them with questions/concerns, serve coffee at the in-shop coffee bar, and ring up customers.
- Welcome customers to the store, share the story of Board & Log, and assist customers as they shop our selection of wood.
- Make and serve brewed and nitro coffees at the in-store coffee shop.
- Operate the cash register and handle transactions accurately
- Maintain a clean and organized checkout area
- Assist customers with their purchases and recommend additional items as needed
- Help customers with loading their purchase
- Follow all safety protocols and guidelines
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar retail or coffee shop position
- Knowledge woodworking and the different types of wood is preferred
- Ability to connect with customers and deliver a world-class experience that brings customers back again and again
- No prior barista experience is required. We do not serve Lattes. Our coffee shop serves brewed and nitro coffees only.
Board & Log Co. is a branch off of Holtz Leather Co. Holtz Leather is located at 1214 Meridian Street HSV, AL and has been in business since 2015. Rick and Coleen Holtz, the owners, started Holtz Leather out of desperation and necessity. After many trials and tribulations, they were about to lose their home and everything else they owned. Fortunately, through hard-work and blessings from The Lord, Holtz Leather succeeded and flourished into what it is today. Holtz Leather focuses on Heritage, Honor, and Hard-work. With those values, and focus on The Lord, we try our best to have a safe and fun work environment for everyone!