I was recently walking out of our shop with a gallon bottle of some kind of mixed essential oils that our daughter made for Coleen’s eczema. Written on the side of the bottle in black sharpie were the words, “Mama’s Oil”.
Our electrician who was doing some work on our building asked, “What’s Mama’s Oil”? I laughed not realizing what the bottle had written on it and explained to him that it was a special oil made by Faith for Coleen’s eczema and how she goes into a panic whenever she runs out… hence the gallon bottle of it. I said, “Coleen claims it's the only thing that gives her relief”. Then this older gentleman asked a question I never thought I would hear him ask, “Can I get some of that Mama’s Oil?”
He proceeded to tell me how he has had horrible eczema his entire life. I gladly had another “smaller” batch made for him. Since then he has requested several refills.
Coleen has experienced the pain of eczema her entire life and has tried so many different topical ointments. However, Mama’s oil has been a great aid in giving her relief and it goes wherever we go.
What is Mama's Oil?
Mama’s Oil is a blend of essential oils and other carrier oils, sweet almond, pumpkin, grapeseed, jojoba, and argan oil. It was created to help solve skin irritation and promote healing. It is the only thing we’ve found that really soothes as it heals. Read more about each healing ingredient below.
Review from a very satisfied believer in Mama’s Oil:
“When my daughter’s eczema flares up, this oil blend offers her instant relief and helps keep her from scratching. Other ointments and creams burn when applied, but she says this oil quickly relieves the sting” - B. Christian
Our oil blend nourishes the skin, leaving it hydrated and full of healing nutrients.
Learn more about our natural ingredients!
- Argan Oil:
• Contains Vitamin E which is essential for healthy skin, hair, and eyes, and works as a powerful antioxidant.
• Argan oil is made up of compounds that soothe and reduce inflammation. The antioxidants present are beneficial for a variety of skin issues such as: scaring, stretch marks, rashes, irritations, sagging or dry skin.
• Argan oil has fatty acids and antioxidants that are known to reduce heart disease risk. The fatty acids found in Argan Oil also help to moisturize skin and hair.
• Applying argan oil directly to damp or dry hair improves moisture, reduces breakage, and reduces frizz caused by free radicals. This oil is better used on the hair than the scalp, especially for those with oiler hair.
Sweet Almond Oil:
• Almond oil is full of vitamin E, and it’s a great source of magnesium, phosphorus, and copper.
• The antioxidant-rich oil is known for its free radical fighting abilities. It’s also anti-inflammatory and boosts immunity.
• Containing omega-3 fatty acids, almond oil might help you maintain healthy cholesterol levels and improve your memory. It may help lower your risk for diseases like cancer and heart disease.
• Research suggests that pumpkin seed oil could help improve urinary tract health, enhance heart health, and increase hair growth.
• Pumpkin oil contains many of the necessary nutrients your body needs to stay healthy and happy, such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron.
• Research finds that Jojoba Oil helps the skin retain moisture, protects its natural barrier, and prevents transepidermal water loss.
• Jojoba oil is lightweight enough to be comfortably used on the face without clogging the pores or leaving the skin looking oily. Since Jojoba oil is actually a wax composed of hydrocarbons, fatty acids, and alcohol, it won’t clog your pores and it can be used on oily skin to reduce inflammation and limit acne.
• Jojoba oil is high in antioxidants and vitamin E making it a great choice for skin care. It reduces redness and itchiness on your skin and protects and heals skin from sun damage.
• The makeup of Jojoba oil is so close to our skin’s own sebum that it is able to sink in and start moisturizing and healing your skin. It brings along a variety of vitamins and rich fatty acids that aid in protecting your skin and making it shine!
• Like all of the other oils discussed above, grapeseed oil is packed full of vitamin E and fatty acids which protect and nourish skin.
• Grapeseed oil had been shown to help in the following ways: Moisturize skin - Heal acne - Lighten skin - Tighten pores - Reduce the appearance of scars - Remove makeup
• Grapeseed oil sinks easily into your skin, making it a great carrier oil and keeping it from clogging pores.
• Lavender is an essential oil that has been used for a long period of time to solve a variety of health issues and contains powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial, sedative, calming, and antidepressant properties. It has been proven in many tests to repair damaged skin and fight against bacteria that would cause infection and inflammation.
• Lavender is perhaps best known for its relaxing qualities. It works as a sedative, anti-anxiety, anticonvulsant and calming agent, and is a perfect remedy for tension and headaches.
• Rosemary’s main chemical properties are powerful antioxidants. Used in aromatherapy, Rosemary essential oil has been shown to promote cognitive function and increase alertness.
• Traditionally used for its ability to help with gastrointestinal complaints, rosemary is also a fantastic liver cleanser and booster. It’s an herb known for its choleretic and hepatoprotective effects.
• Rosemary oil has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties you can benefit from by massaging the oil on the affected area.
•This energizing oil offers a bounty of benefits, including a mood-boosting scent and skin-soothing properties. Lemon oil comes from lemon peels and has antibacterial, anti fungal, and antimicrobial properties.
• It’s known to speed up the skin’s healing process and as an astringent can also help clear your pores of dead cells. This oil has been shown to promote mental clarity and boost your mood.
Mama’s Oil is packed with beneficial oils to help promote skin health and repair damage. To use, spray onto clean skin and massage in until thoroughly absorbed. As with all topical applications, use caution and stop use if irritation occurs.