Coco & Loco Relaxation Essentials Spray Recipe:
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 18 Drops
- Cedarwood Essential Oil - 18 Drops
- Lavender Essential Oil - 36 Drops
- Distilled Water - Approx. 7 Tb.
- Tween 20 (or other cosmetic grade emulsifier) - 1 Tb.
- 4 Oz. Amber Glass Bottle w/ Spray Top
- Start by measuring out your essential oils. We're mixing at a 4% rate into a 4 oz spray bottles. This is important because too high of a percentage can make something like essential oils, which are beneficial to you, turn into something that’s too strong for our bodies to safely handle. If you get a drop or too more or less it should not negatively affect your outcome, so don’t stress about it.
- Add your emulsifier.
- Fill up your bottle to the bottom of the bottle neck with distilled water. Give the bottle a shake, spray a bit and see what you think!
- Make sure to label your bottle with the ingredients, as well as the date you made it. Since we haven’t added a preservative to our sprays, it is recommend to keep it in the fridge so that bacteria doesn’t have a chance to grow in the water. Your spray should have a shelf life of about 8 weeks.
Notes on oils:
- Cedarwood oil will assist with mental clarity and focus. Cedarwood is an antispasmodic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic oil. It helps alleviate insomnia and tension. It’s a natural deodorizer, sedative, and can lower blood pressure.
- Frankincense, treats symptoms of arthritis and is very good for your skin. It can be steamed to assist with asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory ailments. It promotes relaxation and relieves stress. Just what we are wanting on a spa day!
- Lavender supports healthy brain function. It improves your mood and relieves stress by calming the nervous system. It works as a sedative, anti-anxiety, anticonvulsant and calming agent, and is a perfect remedy for tension and headaches.
Coco & Loco Coconut Sugar Exfoliating Body Scrub Recipe:
- Brown Sugar - 9 Tb.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 Tb.
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 6-8 Drops
- Organic Green Tea - 1/2 Tb.
- 6 Oz. Amber Glass Bottle w/ Top
- Start with 9 tablespoons of brown sugar. This will be the main component of our homemade scrub. Brown sugar will be doing the job of exfoliating your skin, promoting your collagen product like we talked about. It’s a bit sticky, so be sure to wash it off well after you use the scrub.
- Add coconut oil. This ingredient will moisturize and protect your skin, while leaving it silky smooth. Virgin Coconut oil is made by cold pressing the white lining on the inside of a coconut, and it contains antimicrobial anti inflammatory properties.
- Next, add approximately a 1/2 tablespoon of green tea. Green tea is a well known antioxidant, containing the EGCG compound which helps repair damaged skin. Green tea contains many components which act as antibacterial agents and fight infection and inflammation. Green tea also contains many vitamins such as C, A, E and some of the B vitamins. B2 and E vitamins are essential for good healthy skin.
- Our last ingredient is Frankincense oil. Frankincense oil is very beneficial to your skin. It soothes inflammation, and it's astringent properties hide blemishes as it tightens your skin. It is a powerful antibacterial, antiseptic, and antioxidant. We’re diluting at 2% which is safe for your skin. Use it for your legs, arms, and torso area.
- Mix your scrub together and test the mixture on a small section of your skin to check for any allergic reaction.